If you would like to see some step by step pictures on how to make this card, click on more.
- 4 ¼” x 8 ½” piece of cardstock for card base (Blue Bayou)
- Two 2 1/8” x 4” pieces of coordinating cardstock (Soft Sky)
- Cardstock for center image (my sizes 2 ¼” River Rock and 2 ½” Blue Baqou squares)
- Stamps (Baroque Motifs)
- Ink (Blue Bayou, Soft Sky and River Rock)
- Paper cutter with scoring tool
Score your 4 ¼” x 8 ½” piece of cardstock at 2 1/8” and 6 3/8”.
Decorate the inside of your cardstock.
Decorate both of your 2 1/8” x 4” strips of coordinating cardstock and adhere to the outer panels of the card front.
Add tape on one half back of the center image.
Add a little accent, overlapping your main image a bit on the side that is not adhered. Slide main image under to keep the card closed.
You can make these Gatefolds any size you like. To figure out the size of the outer panels, use this formula:
Width of cardstock divided by 2 = width of card back
Width of card back divided by 2 = width of front panel
Always score the long side of your cardstock on width of panel, then flip cardstock over and repeat on opposite side.