Do you own a Bind It All (BIA) and you haven’t used it yet? Are you thinking about purchasing a BIA and you aren’t sure if you would like it?
I enjoy making these little Address books. They aren’t hard and don’t cost much once you have the BIA.
I really like how this book turned out. Here is the receipe:
Stamps: Linen, Simple Serif Alpha, Label Classic, Flowers & Flourish
Ink: Cameo Coral, Old Olive and Chocolate Chip Classic ink, Chocolate Chip Craft ink
Paper: Cameo Coral, Very Vanilla, Old Olive and Chocolate Chip cardstock, Linen Prints Designer Paper
Acc.: BIA, 7/8″ silver wire, 5/8″ chocolate grosgrain ribbon, Ribbon Originals Beach front, Theatre and Fairytale, Clear Embossing powder, photo corner punch, vintage brads, SS and EE brads, Three for you Punch
If you are interested to see just how easy these booklets are, click on more and check out my quick tutorial.
- 4 pieces of 3 1/2″ x 5 1/4″ cardboard (I cut mine with my Carls Cutter. You could also use a Quilting rotary cutter and ruler)
- 4 pieces of 3 1/2″ x 5 1/4″ designer paper to cover both sides of front and back cover
- additional designer paper, ribbon, other accents to decorate the cover
- 3″ x 5″ index cards for pages
- Bind it all and wire (I used 7/8″ wide wire for 40 pages)
- optional: Round tab punch to make dividers
Add mono adhesive or an adhesive of your choice on one of the cardboard pieces.
Press a second piece of cardboard on top to make one of the covers.
If you are using chipboard, you don’t have to do this. I used free cardboard that came with my postage stamp order.
Repeat step one and two to make your second cover piece.
Step four (optional):
Ink up the sides of your covers with craft or classic ink. When using craft ink, make sure they are completely dry before going on to the next step.
Cover both the inside as well as the outside of your covers with your Designer paper.
Slide your front cover in your BIA . Your outside of the front cover should face the Zutter label. Center the cover and press the lever down to make your binding holes.
Slide your back cover into the machine. Let the inside of the cover face the label. Press lever to make holes.
Center your index card and make holes.
Now stack your cover/pages the following way:
- your back cover the right side facing up
- your front cover the right side facing down
- your pages lined side facing down
Slide the wire into the holes and align the open end of the wire facing away from your book.
Put your book into the front slot of the machine. Make sure that the wire opening is facing down. Now press the lever down. It will push your wire together.
Now just decorate the front and add tabs if wanted. Done! Easy Peasy!