I had to get my new toys out again. I can’t have new stuff sitting here and not use it. My deadline for the secret stamping is still far off. I can squeeze some fun stuff in in between.
I started with two 4″ coasters. I think those are medium weight. I adhered Crate paper from the Girly girl selection to both sides of the coaster with Mod Podge. I clipped the corners of the paper with scissors and sanded all around the edges with a Sanding block from Stampin’ Up!. Then I added a layer of Mod Podge to seal the paper.
For the main image I started with a Whisper White circle and brushed Barely Banana craft ink refill over it with the big watercolor brush. I am very much into using craft ink and craft refill right now. I guess the Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dauber inspired me to reach for my craft ink more again.
Next I used white craft ink refill and a small watercolor brush to add a white line on each side of the circle. Then I used my gorgeous Fancy Pants Brush Bloom stamps with Tea Leaves Versamagic Dew Drop ink to add swirls to the sides and Pink Petunia for the flowers. Once the flowers and swirls were stamped, I added a thin line of Jumbo Java Dew Drop ink next to my white lines.
Blog Friends is stamped with Stampin’ Up!s Typeset Alpha Upper and Rough Edge Alpha in Java Dew Drop ink.
During my shopping spree in San Antonio with Jenn I picked up some Bling Brads. I added a small one in my big flower, and Amuse Creative Candy in the center of my two small flowers. After my flowers were dressed up, my words looked to flat. So I added a layer of Crystal Effect over them.
The ribbon is May Arts Ribbon (what else).
I then punched my covers with my new Bind-it-All. And wouldn’ t you know it, I goofed. My first cover was punched crooked. So I had to make a second. Then I punched my back cover….and punched it the wrong way. I tell you….my stamping would go a lot faster, if I wouldn’t make all those silly mistakes. When I finally had my front and back cover finished, it was time to create some pages.
I have a bunch of Confetti white cardstock, so I used that. I cut my cardstock in 4″x4″ squares and used my corner rounder on each corner. Then I used the swirl stamped that I had already used on the front page for each page.
I really like the way it turned out. Now I have to clean off the big mess on my table and maybe get one more “have to do” project done!