This is a fun and easy card fold. I saw it the first time, when Valerie Stangle uploaded her birthday card for Daven last year on SCS!
I posted a sample yesterday and will post more later today, when I the sun is out!
If you are interested in a tutorial for this fold, click on more. All images posted are thumbnails. Click on the image if you would like to see the bigger version.
- One 4 1/4″ x 8 1/2″ piece of cardstock for card base
- One 3″ x 7″ piece of cardstock for center fold
- One sheet of patterned paper or coordinating cardstock 2 3/4″ x 4″ for the left fold (optional)
- One sheet of patterned paper or coordinating cardstock 4″ x 5 1/4″ for inside card (optional)
- Paper cutter with scoring blade
- stamps, ink, embellishments
Score your 4 1/4″ x 8 1/2″ at 5 1/2″.
Score your 3″ x 7″ piece of cardstock at 3 1/2″.
Step three (optional) :
Adhere your patterned paper to your card base and card front.
You could also stamp both your card base and front.
Step four (optional):
Stamp the inside of your card flap.
Stamp and decorate the inside of your smaller flap.
Add tape to the back of the flap and adhere it so that the fold points to the right.
Decorate the front of the flap.
Step eight (optional):
If you would like to secure the flap a bit, add a tag, flower or another cutout with dimensional partly over the center flap.